Thank you for visiting my website. I hope you find the site useful and always welcome your feedback.

As someone born and bred in East Durham, I want to ensure your concerns, issues and questions are heard and represented in parliament. I can do this through tabling Early Day Motions, asking questions, contributing in debates and writing to Ministers, Government Departments and public bodies.

I also have a Constituency Team to assist and support constituents with individual issues and enquiries. The casework team have over 50 years of experience and always seek to help constituents: Meet The Team

For more information about how we process your data, please see Data Protection Policy and Privacy Notice

We always respond to constituent enquiries, however, at times other individuals or organisations may be better placed to assist.

Durham County Council
County Councillors are your elected representatives who determine the policies and procedures of Durham County Council. If your enquiry relates to a Durham County Council service, the first point of contact should be with your Councillor: Find Your Local County Councillor

If you wish to make a formal complaint to Durham County Council please visit: Council Complaints Procedure

School Complaints
Schools are required to publish their complaints procedure and can be found on the school’s website. They tend to follow a similar process:

Stage 1 Informal Stage Complain to staff member
Stage 2 Formal Stage Complain to Headteacher
Stage 3 Final Stage Complain to Governing Body

If you remain dissatisfied with the school’s response, a complaint can be referred to the Secretary of State for Education once you have a final response from the Governing Body

Stage 4 Complain to Secretary of State for Education

Complainants have a right of appeal to the Secretary of State for Education where (a) A Governing Body is acting or proposing to act unreasonably; or (b) The Governing Body has failed to discharge its duties under the Education Act 1996. The Secretary of State would not act until the school procedures have been completed.

An online complaints form is available at

Police Complaints
Independent Office for Police Conduct: A guide to the police complaints system is available at

NHS Complaints
Information about NHS Complaints system is available at

Other useful links

Housing Advice

Housing Solutions:

Benefits Advice

East Durham Trust:
Citizens Advice:
Welfare Rights:


Link to Instagram Link to Twitter Link to YouTube Link to Facebook Link to LinkedIn Link to Snapchat Close Fax Website Location Phone Email Calendar Building Search